Vyzitsa is a village that stands on a peaceful and verdant idyllic dell. Its large number of visitors are impressed mostly with its artful three storey mansions of Northern Greek style. The small village square with its shops, the fountains, the stone-paved streets, as well as the religious monuments found here are in complete harmony with their surroundings and the Pelion tradition. The most distinctive religious monument is the church of the Source of Life built in 1725. However, the monastery of Saint John the Baptist built in 1797 by the popular architect Dimos Zipaniotis is also of interest; on the annual fest, on August 29, all attendants are given traditional tic beans.